The CYENS Thinker Maker Space presents a two-day experimental recording and sound design workshop in collaboration with Panagiotis Mina of Pyrgatory Studios.
A two day workshop where participants will be introduced to the basics of recording and sound design using synthesizers, microphones, effects and items made at the CYENS Thinker Maker Space. Through this experimental hands-on process new sounds will be created.
– Short presentation of Panagiotis work and studio
– Introduction to sound design and sound synthesis techniques
– Recording, sampling and sample manipulation
– Experimenting and recording with sound effects
– Creating a sound mix using a PC/DAW
– Sound visualisation: Turning sound into a 3D printed object
– The workshop will be conducted in two parts, therefore participants should be able to attend both days* of the workshop.
– No prior knowledge is required to join the workshop.
– The workshop has limited spaces and registration is required.
– Registrations & participation are free.
(b. 1982, BA Communication Culture and Media)
Panagiotis Mina is interested in the concept of noise and interruption within cultural norms.
Using photography, video, sound and music he explores the ability of different platforms to accept the inevitability of their demise and either create an alternative using a similar discourse or mock the existing ones. He is the owner of Pyrgatory Studios.
Pyrgatory Studios is a trans-disciplinary hub for the advancement of creative practices in a natural environment.
SOCIAL MEDIA | instagram/therealpannybrown