The Thinker Maker Space of CYENS is now accepting internship applications for three paid internship positions for Software Development, Engineering and Administration.
The CYENS Thinker Maker Space is a multifunctional creative space for Rapid Prototyping, Digital Fabrication, Electronics, Machining workstations and Mix-R Equipment, that provides cutting-edge equipment and hands-on expertise to assist creative and cultural industries, encourage technology led innovation, support entrepreneurship and to inspire skill-based creativity.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM
There are up to three (3) paid Internship slots for full-time or part-time engagement. Applicants must be available from September 15th for a period of 3-6 months. Interns will be expected to give an open presentation of their work before the end of their time with CYENS.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit via email to email@example.com, using the subject line “Application: Thinker Maker Space Internship”, the following items:
1) A short statement of interest (max. 300 words) describing any relevant experience
2) A Curriculum Vitae
3) Transcripts of coursework
4) Contact information
5) Availability dates
Applicants must be able to work at CYENS’ premises in Nicosia and must be either:
• Undergraduate students (BA, BSc);
• Post-Graduate students (MA, MSc and PhD);
• Early career individuals (who have graduated from university within the two years)
• Good knowledge of Greek and English
• Pleasant personality
• For non-EU applicants an entry visa and/or work permit may be required
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS RELEVANT TO EACH INTERNSHIP POSITION
Applicants are expected to have the following additional qualifications depending on the internship position they are interested in applying for:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Paid Internship)
The successful candidate will be assisting the Thinker Makers Space team to implement Web Services and APIs along with developing the technical specifications of an online Booking and Inventory System.
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
• Demonstrable skills working with WordPress and database integrations
• Experience integrating with third-party APIs (e.g. payment gateways, social media etc). OR
• Good grasp of designing Web Services and APIs
ENGINEER (Paid Internship)
The successful candidate will be assisting the Thinker Makers Space team and its members with prototyping/development of their electronics/robotics related projects.
• Educated to degree level in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Strong development experience in Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32 etc.
• Demonstrable skills working with relevant programming languages.
• Experience with machine learning algorithms will be considered an advantage.
ADMINISTRATION (Paid Internship)
The successful candidate will be assisting the Thinker Makers Space team in day-to-day operations that includes general office administration and support for managing the bookings and services provisions to the makerspace’s members.
• PC and Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills.
• Demonstrate good understanding of a makerspace operation.
• Ability to work independently.
The call will remain open and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until positions are filled.
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.